Carolina Counseling Services - How to Choose a Therapist that is the Right Fit for You
How Do I Set Up my FIRST Appointment?
- Call: (919) 762-3185 (Fastest way to schedule)
- Text: (910) 308-3291 (Reply will be via phone)
- Email: Click to send email (You must include your phone number, because replies will only be made by telephone to ensure security/privacy)
- Call or Text for your New Patient Appointment Anytime!
- Appointment scheduling for NEW clients: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:15pm
- New client appts may be scheduled when therapists have openings, which may include daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Evening and Saturday Appointments Available. Call Now!
- Established/Standing Appointments are made directly with your therapist!
- Referrals: MOST beneficiaries do NOT need a Referral!
How to Choose a Therapist that is the Right Fit for You
Overcoming hurt, sadness, anxiety, excessive fear and other behavioral and emotional problems is easier said than done. Determination and strong will may not be enough; it will take professional help to overcome all the negative sources of these feelings and thoughts.
Therapy is the foremost solution for problems of this nature, but in order to benefit from it you must find an experienced therapist that’s the right fit for you. Finding one is easy if you know what to look for; here are a few tips for you.
- • A therapist and “clinic” or “practice” that makes you feel comfortable is a good first sign. The right therapist has to make you feel you are cared for to elicit the feeling of trust, an important element for a successful therapy. One can tell based even on the first counseling interaction, if the therapist seems to care one way or another about what happens with you. The ambiance in the therapy center is equally important; it has to make you feel relaxed and secure.
- • One with the right training, the right personality that fits with yours, and the right kind of experience is more likely to elicit trust. You will probably trust a therapist who has successfully helped people with emotional and behavioral problems like yours. One with more years in the practice can make you feel secure and trusting, which is encouraging. Possibly, one that is closer to your age may make YOU feel more secure. Everyone has their preferences and each is okay AND very normal!
- • A therapist with the right affiliation can generate credibility. You want a therapist who is goal-oriented and who is serious in their intent of helping you. While finding the right therapist can be a “hit and miss” thing, you can reduce the chance of “miss” by consulting with someone who is committed to making you feel and think better. A therapist affiliated with a credible name can be taken as a “green light” when choosing the right therapist. You know this counselor is part of a reputable organization and is more likely credentialed by several insurance companies, to hopefully include YOURS!
When all these come together, there is a good chance you would initially feel you are in good hands and have made the right choice. During your first appointment, you will know the truth of whether it is the right fit or not. (Always go with your gut feeling!) During the meeting, feel free to ask questions that to you matter. There can be specifics you want to know; ask away to help you decide if you are putting your confidence on someone you can trust.
At Carolina Counseling Services - Fuquay-Varina, NC, we are VERY picky about the therapists who contract with us. Every therapist is fully licensed. We do not have interns or partially licensed therapists. All Counselors/Therapists have the necessary training, experience and Licensure necessary to help you work through your issues and gain your trust. With so many kind, caring, expert therapists right here at CCS, there is a good chance of you finding one who will be the right fit for you. Our offices are more homey than clinic-like. Call, text or email us at Carolina Counseling Services - Fuquay-Varina, NC for an appointment. We look forward to working with you!
See the list of Independently Contracted Therapists here.
Confidential / Private Sessions
Carolina Counseling Services - Fuquay - Varina, NC contracts with Licensed professional counselors/therapists/psychologists that provide a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Carolina Counseling Services - Fuquay-Varina, NC contracts with friendly, caring therapists who assist adult individuals, couples, families, and children with resolving issues and getting back to enjoying their lives. Whether you are non-military or military, it will always been a pleasure to work with you. CCS and the independently contracted therapists are able and happy to assist active duty dependents and retired military and their families.
Serving Areas: Carolina Counseling Services
Counties: Wake County NC
Cities: Fuquay-Varina NC, Holly Springs NC, Angier NC, Duncan NC, Chalybeate Springs NC, Feltonville NC, Garner NC, Kennebec NC, Willow Springs NC, Cokesbury NC, Holland NC, Wilbon NC