Carolina Counseling Services - Major Depression: When Help is the Only Way Out
How Do I Set Up my FIRST Appointment?
- Call: (919) 762-3185 (Fastest way to schedule)
- Text: (910) 308-3291 (Reply will be via phone)
- Email: Click to send email (You must include your phone number, because replies will only be made by telephone to ensure security/privacy)
- Call or Text for your New Patient Appointment Anytime!
- Appointment scheduling for NEW clients: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:15pm
- New client appts may be scheduled when therapists have openings, which may include daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Evening and Saturday Appointments Available. Call Now!
- Established/Standing Appointments are made directly with your therapist!
- Referrals: MOST beneficiaries do NOT need a Referral!
- Getting Professional Help When Sadness Develops into Depression
- Depression and Chronic Medical Disorders
- Bringing Back the Enjoyment Stolen by Depression
- The Search for Hope Can End with Counseling
- Finding Interest or Pleasure After Losing them to Depression
- Getting Through College and Depression
- Overcoming Postpartum Depression: Enjoying Motherhood
Major Depression: When Help is the Only Way Out
Life is one emotional ride of ups and downs. Everyone feels sad or blue at various times. Sometimes sadness is caused by people or circumstances that can lead to irritability, agitation, and moodiness. But, if you’re sad most of the time and your emotional state is affecting your daily life, you may have major depression.
Like other types of depression, major depression can be caused by life events or chemical changes in the brain. As such, the disorder involves the body, mind, and mood. Without appropriate treatment, symptoms can last for weeks to years. The good thing about this depressive disorder is it’s highly treatable and can be easily overcome. The earlier help is sought, the quicker for you to get better.
Understanding Major Depression
Unfortunately, not many people get the necessary help due to lack of understanding about the illness or fear of the stigma surrounding it. Major depression is one of the three main types of depressive disorder, affecting almost 7 percent of the American population. It is considered as the primary psychological disorder in the western world.
As common as it may be, major depression is a serious medical condition manifested by physical, psychological, and social symptoms. This includes loss of interest or pleasure in previously enjoyed activities, fatigue syndrome, feeling of guilt, lack of self-worth, and thoughts of self-inflicted harm. Some of the disabling episodes may occur on most days for two weeks or longer, while others may surface several times in a lifetime.
Finding the Way Out with Help
The symptoms of major depression may not improve unless you seek help. While family and friends may play a supporting role in making you feel better, there is the need to look at alternative treatment options to effectively manage what triggers the episodes again and again. Nothing is more vital than receiving the dedicated care of a credible therapist. When you’re in the best mood to take control of your emotional health, you need to find a qualified practitioner to help you out of your depressive condition.
Carolina Counseling Services at Fuquay-Varina contracts licensed professionals who can help you with a variety of treatment options, like cognitive behavioral therapy and psychotherapy. If you have difficulty deciding as to which one to choose, our staff members will refer you to the right independently contracted, caring and knowledgeable therapists to guide you through. Carolina Counseling Services wants to help you begin your journey to recovery the right way so you can enjoy the quality of life you’ve always aspired. Call now to request an appointment!
We can Help! Call NOW!
Confidential / Private Sessions
Carolina Counseling Services contracts with Licensed professional counselors/therapists/psychologists that provide a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Carolina Counseling Services Fuquay-Varina contracts with friendly, caring therapists who assist adult individuals, couples, families, and children with resolving issues and getting back to enjoying their lives. Whether you are non-military or military, it will always been a pleasure to work with you. CCS and the independently contracted therapists are able and happy to assist active duty dependents and retired military and their families.
Serving Areas: Carolina Counseling Services
Counties: Wake County NC
Cities: Fuquay-Varina NC, Holly Springs NC, Angier NC, Duncan NC, Chalybeate Springs NC, Feltonville NC, Garner NC, Kennebec NC, Willow Springs NC, Cokesbury NC, Holland NC, Wilbon NC