Carolina Counseling Services - Finding the Right Therapist: What Qualities to Look For
How Do I Set Up my FIRST Appointment?
- Call: (919) 762-3185 (Fastest way to schedule)
- Text: (910) 308-3291 (Reply will be via phone)
- Email: NewClient@CCS.Hush.com (You must include your phone number, because replies will only be made by telephone to ensure security/privacy)
- Call or Text for your New Patient Appointment Anytime!
- Appointment scheduling for NEW clients: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:15pm
- New client appts may be scheduled when therapists have openings, which may include daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Evening and Saturday Appointments Available. Call Now!
- Established/Standing Appointments are made directly with your therapist!
- Referrals: MOST beneficiaries do NOT need a Referral!
Finding the Right Therapist: What Qualities to Look For
No matter how much you avoid it, life can sometimes throw you a curveball, to find yourself at the reeling end of psychological distress. While family and friends become your immediate sources of support, it can benefit you more to seek an outside perspective to help you understand and manage what life sends your way. Counseling can be a big help.
It usually takes lots of courage to decide on starting counseling. But, before that, you’re faced with the Herculean task of finding the right therapist suited for you. In today’s digital world, a quick Internet search can yield thousands of results. How will you screen out the most ideal therapist to entrust your very personal problems?
Top Three Qualities to Look for when Choosing the Right Therapist
Apart from professional experience and training, the key ingredient for the effectiveness of counseling is the relationship between you and the therapist. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that you find a counselor with adequate experience in treating your symptoms while possessing certain attributes that fit your needs and your type of personality.
- Compassionately Honest: You need a therapist who is not afraid to tell the truth. The last thing you need is to feel shame by being judged. A good therapist is someone who will validate you as a human being by reinforcing your strengths. He or she will honestly and openly discuss with you the evaluation, diagnosis, treatment plans, and present what you can expect from therapy, while helping you feel confident about the process.
- Relational: In its essence, relational means something or someone to relate with. Whether you are a talkative person or someone who usually “keeps things to themselves”, it is important that you find a therapist you can easily talk to. Doesn’t it make sense that a good working relationship with your therapist becomes a primary source of healing or solution to relationship problems that may have brought you to counseling in the first place?
- Flexibility in Treatment: Look for a competent therapist who is sensible and respects all theories about human behavior, including belief systems and cultures. This kind of therapist is someone who is willing to respond to your needs and able to provide the appropriate treatment for you, and not one to insist about the treatment he or she provides.
Experience the Difference in the Counseling Process
Counseling is often considered an effective treatment for emotional problems that make you want to throw up your hands in surrender. In order to reap the benefits, it’s important to find a good therapist whom you can completely trust to help manage your concerns during life’s difficult moments.
End your search at Carolina Counseling Services in Fuquay-Varina, NC. The warm and nonjudgmental counselors independently contracted with CCS in Fuquay-Varina, NC have the experience and can be trusted to help you make the important changes to get you where you want to be. Call now to request an appointment.
We can Help! Call NOW!
Confidential / Private Sessions
Carolina Counseling Services contracts with Licensed professional counselors/therapists/psychologists that provide a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Carolina Counseling Services Fuquay-Varina contracts with friendly, caring therapists who assist adult individuals, couples, families, and children with resolving issues and getting back to enjoying their lives. Whether you are non-military or military, it will always been a pleasure to work with you. CCS and the independently contracted therapists are able and happy to assist active duty dependents and retired military and their families.
Serving Areas: Carolina Counseling Services
Counties: Wake County NC
Cities: Fuquay-Varina NC, Holly Springs NC, Angier NC, Duncan NC, Chalybeate Springs NC, Feltonville NC, Garner NC, Kennebec NC, Willow Springs NC, Cokesbury NC, Holland NC, Wilbon NC