Carolina Counseling Services - Finding Interest or Pleasure after Losing Them to Depression
How Do I Set Up my FIRST Appointment?
- Call: (919) 762-3185 (Fastest way to schedule)
- Text: (910) 308-3291 (Reply will be via phone)
- Email: Click to send email (You must include your phone number, because replies will only be made by telephone to ensure security/privacy)
- Call or Text for your New Patient Appointment Anytime!
- Appointment scheduling for NEW clients: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:15pm
- New client appts may be scheduled when therapists have openings, which may include daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Evening and Saturday Appointments Available. Call Now!
- Established/Standing Appointments are made directly with your therapist!
- Referrals: MOST beneficiaries do NOT need a Referral!
- Getting Professional Help When Sadness Develops into Depression
- Depression and Chronic Medical Disorders
- Bringing Back the Enjoyment Stolen by Depression
- The Search for Hope Can End with Counseling
- Major Depression: When Help is the Only Way Out
- Getting Through College and Depression
- Overcoming Postpartum Depression: Enjoying Motherhood
Finding Interest or Pleasure after Losing Them to Depression
Depression has its way of taking your interest in things you used to find pleasurable. Activities like going out with friends, watching movies, or eating your favorite food are just not as enjoyable the way they once were. This includes losing the desire or interest in having sex.
If your depression is characterized by absolute boredom, profound sadness, and the inability to derive happiness in pretty much anything that gives pleasure, you have one of the cardinal symptoms of major depressive disorder or clinical depression. The condition that accompanies your depression is called “anhedonia.”
The Vicious Cycle of Anhedonia
Anhedonia is a core clinical feature of depression and other psychological disorders. The problem with depression coupled with anhedonia is that it correlates with poor physical health. With anhedonia, you have lost interest in life so you don’t care enough or you don’t have the motivation to do what is necessary to overcome the main condition, which is depression. You are not interested in food, in interacting or socializing with people, in doing your job or going to school. You may not be even interested to go through treatment.
Unfortunately, the more isolated and inactive you are, the more depressed you become. The more depressed that you have become, you end up more isolated and more inactive. Other symptoms of depression include difficulty in concentrating, sleep problems, restlessness, low self-esteem, risks for substance abuse and self-harm.
Pleasure and Interest Regained with Help
If you wish to regain the interest that slipped through your hands due to a major depressive episode, know that talking to someone who has time to listen can be what it takes to get you going. Formal interventions like psychological counseling can help you get up from the couch of depression. Yes, it’s possible to find pleasure again after depression has robbed it from you. With help from the professionals, you can once again live the kind of life you used to enjoy: quality sleep, social interactions, vitality, and pleasurable activities.
If you are wondering where to turn to for help, a call to Carolina Counseling Services - Fuquay-Varina, NC will connect you with one of its independently contracted counselors who can help bring back the joy in your life. Whether you call, text, email, or submit an appointment request, you can be sure the counselors at Carolina Counseling Services - Fuquay-Varina, NC have the appropriate treatment approach in helping you find pleasure again.
We can Help! Call NOW!
Confidential / Private Sessions
Carolina Counseling Services contracts with Licensed professional counselors/therapists/psychologists that provide a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Carolina Counseling Services Fuquay-Varina contracts with friendly, caring therapists who assist adult individuals, couples, families, and children with resolving issues and getting back to enjoying their lives. Whether you are non-military or military, it will always been a pleasure to work with you. CCS and the independently contracted therapists are able and happy to assist active duty dependents and retired military and their families.
Serving Areas: Carolina Counseling Services
Counties: Wake County NC
Cities: Fuquay-Varina NC, Holly Springs NC, Angier NC, Duncan NC, Chalybeate Springs NC, Feltonville NC, Garner NC, Kennebec NC, Willow Springs NC, Cokesbury NC, Holland NC, Wilbon NC