Carolina Counseling Services - Bringing Back the Enjoyment Stolen by Depression
How Do I Set Up my FIRST Appointment?
- Call: (919) 762-3185 (Fastest way to schedule)
- Text: (910) 308-3291 (Reply will be via phone)
- Email: Click to send email (You must include your phone number, because replies will only be made by telephone to ensure security/privacy)
- Call or Text for your New Patient Appointment Anytime!
- Appointment scheduling for NEW clients: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:15pm
- New client appts may be scheduled when therapists have openings, which may include daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Evening and Saturday Appointments Available. Call Now!
- Established/Standing Appointments are made directly with your therapist!
- Referrals: MOST beneficiaries do NOT need a Referral!
- Getting Professional Help When Sadness Develops into Depression
- Depression and Chronic Medical Disorders
- The Search for Hope can end with Counseling
- Major Depression: When Help is the Only Way Out
- Finding Interest or Pleasure After Losing them to Depression
- Getting Through College and Depression
- Overcoming Postpartum Depression: Enjoying Motherhood
Bringing Back the Enjoyment Stolen by Depression
Major depressive disorder (MDD) has a number of negative symptoms, however, anhedonia can be among its most dreaded core clinical features.
Anhedonia is the loss of the ability to feel pleasure from a usually pleasurable experience, such as; social relationships, hobbies, work, food and even sex. When the passion that drives you to do things and interact with people is gone, you may feel as if you are left with nothing, all work without fun. Without enjoyment, you may lose the motivation to hang out with family or people from work or school leading you to possibly feel as if you are unable to enjoy life in general.
Depression: The Blues That Drives Away Pleasure
Depression is a rather common diagnosis. A major depressive episode may indicate a mood disorder such as; major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, persistent depressive disorder, etc. What causes a person to develop a major episode of depression is not very well understood. Often times a diagnosis is based on an individual’s own accounts of signs and symptoms such as hopelessness, lethargy, sadness, despair, changed patterns of sleep and eating, and anhedonia, lack of enjoyment.
Life without Pleasure
Losing interest in nearly every aspect of life can be very serious. Think about losing life’s simplest pleasures derived from the most basic things, such as eating, sleeping, spending time with your child or family, and doing hobbies close to your heart. Without rewarding feelings there may be little motivation to keep you eager and happily functioning on a day-to-day basis. Everything may feel like work or a chore. Without pleasure, fun or satisfaction, life can appear dreary and may even begin to feel meaningless.
Feeling pleasure can be crucial. It is often the energy that motivates you to go beyond your limits - start your day early, stay up late or succeed. It is that passion that can make you feel fulfilled after doing things, no matter how mundane or complicated they may seem to others. To beat anhedonia, you may need to win over depression first. Depression is a psychological condition that can require proper diagnosis and treatment by a professional in order to recover.
Bring Back Pleasure
Don’t wait for pleasure to be completely gone before seeking help. Know the signs and symptoms of depression; if you are experiencing any of the above mentioned symptoms you may wish to seek professional help. Call Carolina Counseling Services in Fuquay-Varina, NC. Independently contracted therapists are available and trained to administer an evaluation of your symptoms in order to provide the most appropriate treatment to meet your unique needs. Free yourself from depression, it is not too late to beat anhedonia. Call CCS today to schedule your first appointment.
We can Help! Call NOW!
Confidential / Private Sessions
Carolina Counseling Services contracts with Licensed professional counselors/therapists/psychologists that provide a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Carolina Counseling Services Fuquay-Varina contracts with friendly, caring therapists who assist adult individuals, couples, families, and children with resolving issues and getting back to enjoying their lives. Whether you are non-military or military, it will always been a pleasure to work with you. CCS and the independently contracted therapists are able and happy to assist active duty dependents and retired military and their families.
Serving Areas: Carolina Counseling Services
Counties: Wake County NC
Cities: Fuquay-Varina NC, Holly Springs NC, Angier NC, Duncan NC, Chalybeate Springs NC, Feltonville NC, Garner NC, Kennebec NC, Willow Springs NC, Cokesbury NC, Holland NC, Wilbon NC